To many, medical marijuana is considered a miracle plant. It's no wonder this natural remedy has earned this title considering its various cannabinoids and terpenes are able to provide therapeutic relief for so many different types of symptoms and illnesses. You may have read up on medical marijuana, but here are some factoids the Medicinal Marijuana Association considers unbelievable.
(1) Cannabis is not only able to help with symptoms associated with cancer and the negative side effects of cancer treatments, like increasing appetite and reducing nausea, but new research has shown THC and CBD have the potential to stop metastasis in many types of cancers and kills cancer cells without damaging healthy cells.
(2) New studies suggest medical marijuana can promote neurogenesis in the hippocampus, which leads to brain cell growth.
(3) New studies have revealed that total suicide rates have decreased by a total of 5% in areas where medical marijuana is easily available. Researchers believe this is because at-risk populations will use medical marijuana instead of alcohol.
(4) Contrary to popular belief, there is no evidence that smoking marijuana significantly damages the lungs, even for heavy users.
(5) The cannabinoid composition of marijuana matters, and cannabis can have a significantly different effect on a patient depending on the strain. Patients should monitor the cannabinoids they consume until they discover the ideal composition for treating their symptoms. Remember, by journaling on our app you can easily track this information to figure out what works best for you!
(6) The use of marijuana for medicinal purposes may seem new, but it has actually been around for thousands of years. Ancient civilizations have been recording the use of cannabis for alleviating symptoms of gout pain, rheumatism, and more since as early as 2737 BC.
This information has been provided in part by the Medicinal Marijuana Association and approved by our Chief Medical Officer.